The following revelation was given to David in Long Beach, California on December 5, 2018. In this revelation, the prophet David is told the Lord’s will for the Fellowship in regard to the Sections of the Doctrine and Covenants given them from the Lord. We ask members of the Fellowship to read this revelation prayerfully to determine if it should be added to the Fellowship canon in preparation of the vote April 6, 2019.
- Having read, pondered and studied the Sections of the Community of Christ’s Book of Doctrine and Covenants, I prayed to the Lord, asking Him what His will was concerning them for the Church of Jesus Christ in Christian Fellowship.
- After prayer and contemplation, the Lord spoke to me saying:
- Verily I say unto you, my servant and my friend David, I give unto you counsel, and a commandment, concerning all the revelations and guidance I have given unto the Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, and unto Community of Christ;
- These I gave unto them for the benefit of my Church, and for the salvation of men until I come; and some were given as counsel unto them, and some gave I unto the whole Church.
- Therefore, I say into thee: Read them, ponder their words in your mind and you shall know;
- You have inquired of me as you read, and you know they are true and of me as I did enlighten your mind; and now I tell you these things that you may know that you have been enlightened by the Spirit of Truth.
- And now, behold, this is the spirit of revelation, therefore this is thy gift; use your gift, and be blessed; doubt not, for it is the gift of God.
- And I say again unto thee, that which was given them from me for them they shall retain unto them, and my Fellowship shall pursue it not; but this does not make untrue, or not of me.
- And that which I said unto them that is for the whole earth and all of my Saints, this shall thou use, and it will be pleasing unto me.
- And again I say unto you, use your gift and you will know, and all will be well with they that learn from it;
- And not just of this branch of the faith but use this gift to find my words to thee and my Fellowship throughout my Churches throughout all times.
- Therefore, continue in my goodness, that my Fellowship may be a light unto all, and by the power of my priesthood my people, even Israel; So mote it be. Amen.
Thoughts, comments, and other interpretations are welcome below.